Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ask Christa: My Fitness Regime


"What is your fitness regime? What are your favorite exercise secrets?"

My fitness regime consists of 3 simple steps:

 1. Eat healthy
  • I believe that you are what you eat so my diet includes lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meats (I wholeheartedly refuse to be a vegetarian!!!). While I like shopping at places like Trader Joes and Whole Foods, I enjoy going to the Farmer's Market and buying the local produce. It's cheaper and the foods taste better. 
  2. Exercise regularly
  • My favorite exercises are bicycling, dancing, yoga, and most recently, running. I dislike the latter with a passion but it's one of the few exercises that leaves my entire body feeling fantastic. My asthma has improved and I feel stronger. I've also noticed that older fit people are runners. I want to be old and fit!  
  • I also focus on my core and building strength. Along with running, I've recently started lifting weights. I took a Body Pump class at the YMCA and I almost passed out! My muscles ached in places long forgotten. But I began to notice a higher metabolism and more energy! I didn't go back to one of those classes but I did start lifting more weights at my own pace.
   3. Drink water. 
  •  The idea of drinking 8 glasses of water a day is a terrible one, I still don't drink the suggested amount but I do drink between 4-6. I started infusing my water with fresh fruit to help the taste and it works! My breath is fresher and my skin and complexion is clearer. 

My Fitness No No's:
  • Convincing myself that I'm too tired to workout
  • Skipping meals
  • Expecting immediate results on day one of a new workout
  • Eating McDonald's, Burger King, or Taco Bell
  • Going more than a day without water, fresh fruits/veggies
  • Drinking soda
  • Comparing my body type to another's
I hope this helps you on your fitness journey! Showing that you love your body enough to physically care for it takes hard work, consistency, and dedication but remember: "A fit body means a fit mind". Thanks for your question! 







6 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I love, "wholeheartedly disagree with becoming a vegetarian" meat-lovers unite!!! I have to find some yoga and other fitness classes here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA!! I'm not giving up meat for anyone! I could vegetarian for one meal a day, that's it!

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work! With your muscle tone this could be a problem smh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how running, lifting weights, and drinking water has improved your overall health!! I didn't know you were lifting girl lol. This is good motivation for people who desire to develop a good workout regime, but not live in the gym every day of the week, like a crazed body builder. It is possible to keep it simple while having fun and looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE lifting! But I love the way I've grown stronger because of it so I'll allow it to be a part of my routine lol. You know I have to keep it fun or I won't do it!

      Delete