Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ask Christa: My Best & Worst Habits


"What is your best habit? What is your worst habit?


My worst habit is that I'm a procrastinator.

For example, while writing this post, I've texted a couple people, watched tv, gone to the kitchen to get a snack, eaten said snack, decided I needed a drink to compliment my snack, reread a couple emails, sent an email...you get the point.

I'm also that person who knows that an hour or more is needed to get ready to go out and still will find something else to do while watching the clock, trying to convince myself that I can make it in a shorter time!

It is my worst habit but I've adjusted to it. My friends know that I'll get to where we've planned to meet eventually. They don't even stress themselves out worrying about where I am. If I say I'll be there, I will be there haha!

I've also made my bad habit work for me. I get really creative when the clock is counting down. Some of my best work has been when I had a deadline. Some, not all!

My best habit to date is trusting my instincts.

I consult myself all the time. I ask, "Is this in the best interest of Christa? Is this what you want to do? How will this make your life better/worse?"

I've walked away from situations, sometimes without a second thought, because my instincts were screaming that I run far far away.

During those episodes where I didn't trust my instincts, I suffered and regretted it. I knew that I should've trusted myself in the first place but I'd convinced myself that the outcome would be different.

I've learned that trusting your instincts sometimes doesn't yield immediate gratification. A lot of times I've found myself wondering where my life was headed and then a year or so later, realizing that I'd made the best decision after all!

So there you have it. I'm an avid procrastinator who daily consults the angel (and sometimes the double horned fallen angel) who live on her shoulders! If that isn't a tag line for a good book, I don't know what is!

What is your best/worst habit? Please share in the comment section below.

Thanks for your question! Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment