Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Day of Fall...

Fall is my favorite season. It symbolizes the beginning of a rebirth; in order to be reborn, one must first die. That's a tad bit dramatic but it's true. The earth must undergo a process of dying in order to come alive again in the Spring. Some people dread it because of the colder weather, school resumes, the days become shorter and nights are longer, etc.

I, however, live for all of those things. I love wearing jackets/coats, boots, sweaters, scarves and gloves. I grew up anticipating the start of school, not only because of my love for it, but for the purchases of school supplies and new clothes! It's also signifies more family time during the holidays, which is something I've come to cherish as I've gotten older. But most of all, I love the rich scenery. It's the most beautiful and breath-taking time of year to me. And this year, I got to celebrate the first day of my favorite season and one of my best friend's birthday with some of my most favorite good friends at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC. Check out a few shots that I captured:





My best good friends :-D







We had a fantastic time. The weather was perfect, the employees had excellent customer service, and the wine...well, the wine was the best I've ever tasted, especially their Salem Fork Blush Wine. And that's saying a lot from a picky wine connoisseur ;-)


4 comments:

  1. Oooo la la...wine! :) Fall is my favorite season especially because of the way the leaves change colors and all of the cute fall clothes waiting to be purchased! Boy did we love going shopping in NY for our school 'fits and seeing all of our friends after summer was over. *sigh* The good ol days. Can't wait to throw on my new knee high boots, sweaters, and your fav...turtle necks! & of course grub for Thanksgiving and Christmas! :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you kno I love turtlenecks...which reminds me that we need to do a lil shopping!!

      Delete
  2. You mentioned the two times of year that make people fall (no pun intended)in love with North Carolina: Fall and Spring. Dope shots!

    ReplyDelete