Monday, October 14, 2013

Reflections on Year 26

Wow, I'm officially in my late twenties...which means I'm three years from 30! Yikes! But unlike so many of my friends and associates who dread getting older, I look forward to maturing. I've learned so much about myself: I'm smarter, I'm wiser, I'm bolder than I've ever been...


But still goofy! I definitely enjoy life a little more now that I know what's important: spending time with yourself and loved ones, fulfilling your dreams and experiencing new adventures! Here are some of my favorite memories from Year 26:
  • Rode on a motorcycle for the first time:

  • Impersonated a sane Lady Gaga at my friend's Celebrity Birthday Party: 
(L-R: Wiz Khalifa, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, and Randy Watson) We had a blast!! 


  • Danced like no one was watching! 



  • Last but not least, got arrested for disorderly conduct with the family in San Diego, Ca...


Just kidding! My most memorable moment of being 26 was the week long vacation with my family! It'd been a long long time since we'd all spent days together and I'm so happy that we did! 

Entering my 27th chapter of life, I know that life isn't easy. You have to pay your dues and work diligently and PATIENTLY for what you want. This journey has been an eye-opener but I've learned to see the blessing in every lesson that I've been taught. And making it to see the age of 27 is indeed a blessing! Happy 27th Birthday to me!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! You are now 27...wow! Without a doubt, you have grown so much and stepped outside of your shell. The person you are today is incomparable with who you will be as you get older and wiser. I'm proud of you sissy! Keep doing amazing things and keep God at the head of your life! He is the one who has brought you this far and will continue to keep you through it all. Do you think I can get some nieces and nephews within the next 6 years? Thanks!! (LOL jk...no pressure)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol how about a puppy nephew or a goldfish niece? HAHA!

      Delete