Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hell hath no fury...like a jealous woman!


It's been said that nothing's more dangerous than a woman with a plan. That's no longer valid. A jealous woman with a plan AND access to a computer is dangerous. See, women can become jealous over the most minute of things. I've had moments where I've been jealous of another person's success to the easy way  some people manage to float through life without a care in the world. But my worst moments have come from my being jealous of the attention a guy that I'm either dating or have a silly teenage crush on is giving/has given another female. And this is where the FBI worthy research comes into play.


With social media rapidly advancing, it's become easier to view a person's profile or activity on the internet. If you haven't noticed, the laws of privacy are becoming less strict while the visibility of your life on these networks are more accessible. While this is a bit unnerving, it's easily forgettable, ESPECIALLY when you're on a motivated hunt.

Unfortunately for the fellas, we can see your every move. From Facebook to Twitter to Instagram, we can see whose pictures are your favorite, the comments you leave, and where you've been. Why? Because everybody wants everyone else to know exactly what they're doing and who they're with. There are people who will post pictures, share their location, and tag their friends. Enter a jealous woman who wants to spy on her boo. She can look through his pictures, find that girl who leaves flirty or not so flirty comments, click her profile, find out her info and so on and so forth. Do you see where this is going? Of course you do. And for the guys who have given half-truths about their whereabouts, let's just say that the truth may be only a click away.

Jealousy, like most emotions, are fleeting. But if you're an insecure female, nothing can deter from you from that tunnel vision. It can bring out pure ugliness from the prettiest of females, whether the Nancy Drew-like behavior is warranted or not. It's scary that a person can know about you without knowing you personally. So be cautious of what you share on social media...because that girl who you thought didn't know what you were up to, secretly knows more BEFORE you're able or willing to share.


Ladies, what are you experiences dealing with jealousy and a guy that you've liked? Fellas, please share your stories of a jealous woman. I'd love to hear from both genders so comment below! Peace loves!!

5 comments:

  1. Let me think about this one Christa then I will come back with a comment. Just let me say that I have been unfortunate on a couple of occasions with facebook drama at the center of it lol...craziness! I will respond again very soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright Chris; let's go(Deep breath)! Well, let me start by saying that I have neeever understood why people put so many personal things on FB and twitter anyway. "Such and such and I are at The Spot, 2211 TMI Drive, Greensboro, NC"...you get my drift. Or, "right now me and ole girl are hanging out on my porch"; etc, etc, etc hahaha. Just does not make since to me at all. One thing the social media does in a positive light, is make people have the propensity to do the right things in relationships because women are the best at espionage, however, if someone wants to cheat and do dirt, they will find a way to do so until they mature and get that foolishness out of their system! Now, I have dated a girl that just totally flipped out over a picture I was tagged in with a female that was taken a year before we started dating: but the other female just decided to put it up and tag me in the picture that current year. Before I go further Christa, do you think females put those pictures up from time to time to cause drama in your current relationship? Could be the other way around too but I am speaking from the male perspective. Moreover, I have just been friends with females...just friends, that will see a picture that has been posted, status change, etc., and will just go in on a brotha as if we are dating, married, or she has some control over who I choose to be with! Is this normal Chris, because this seems a little out there haha! I don't even get it in like that either! If I am with someone, I am a one woman man that is looking long term. From my previous experiences with the social media, I am extremely private in what I put in the social atmosphere, however, what can you do when pictures, tags, and comments are put out there that you had no control over? Talk to me!

      Delete
  2. I know a lot of fellas can identify with you on the FB (Twitter/Instagram) drama situation. Males are territorial but women take it to another level. So yes, there are some who will tag you in a pic, status, whatever, with the sole intention of angering another female. They do it because it works. They're threatened, no matter how long you've been broken up with your ex, etc. The mistakes are that their insecurity won't allow them to calmly ask questions first before coming to assumptions. Maybe your friend who went crazy on you wants to be more than friends. Lol I dunno, the female mind is as layered as an onion. Even if you ask what her intentions are, that may not be the true answer. So, from a woman to a man, I'll tell you to watch the female company you keep. Although our moods are liable to shift with the wind, the signs of craziness are always there. All you have to do is listen and observe. Also, check out your privacy settings on FB. There are settings that can allow you to approve a post that someone's tagged you before it's public. Lock it DOWN lol. Hope that's helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you; indeed it did help! You keep it 100 Christa! Good lookin on the privacy settings too: I did not know that you could approve or disapprove a post. This helps a brotha out substantially. Ya'll are in trouble now: Lock down time lol!

    ReplyDelete