Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tabi & Gary's Engagement *7.7.12*

The number 7 symbolizes completeness, perfection, balance, and fullness. My sister Tabi was born on the 7th day of July. It is also the day she received the best surprise a girl could ever dream of on her special day.


Tabi and Gary met at the beginning of summer 2008. I don't remember officially meeting him; he just kind of showed up and stayed around, romancing the socks off of my sister every chance he got. Last fall, he told me that he planned on proposing during the following summer. Of course I was ecstatic and ready to help him plan a mission that wouldn't be easy.


Fast forward to the weekend of Tabi's birthday. Family and close friends were invited to celebrate her 24th birthday in Charleston, S.C, a charming historical city and also a favorite vacation spot of Tabi and Gary. On  the night of her birthday, Tabi and I were running late. Makeup, accessorizing, and wardrobe changes are of the upmost importance on the night of your birthday but when you're running late, all that matters is making sure deodorant is applied and earrings match. We finally got it together and rushed out of the door.


Once on the Cinderella-esque carriage, we could finally relax and enjoy the ride to Battery Park. What she didn't know was that Gary was waiting for her there. After watching a heartwarming and hilarious dvd that reenacted their first encounter, Tabi was greeted by my brother Joel, who walked her down a candlelit pathway that led to a widely grinning Gary. At first, she didn't know what was going on but when he dropped down on one knee to propose, she burst into tears and softly said, "Yesssssssssssssssssss."




I'm more than thrilled for these two to be husband & wife. There isn't a man who is a better fit to be my sister's husband than Gary. He has loved, honored, and respected her in the 4 years that they've been together and will continue to do so for the rest of their lives. They are an inspiration to all of us who want the same thing in the future. So stay tuned for upcoming posts from me about helping Tabi plan their wedding, as the maid of honor! 


Peace loves :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! That was a special day that I will never ever forget! Thanks for being an incremental part of our big day. Gary is not only in love with me, but he is in love with my whole family! *tear*

    P.S. You're such a great writer...very precise and to the point! Love you muchoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tear* You've always been one of my biggest supporters. I love you for that!!

      Delete
  2. Umm this post and the relationship you and Tabi share just brought me to tears. Love it. Congrats Tabi!! Love you girls!!

    ReplyDelete